Romans 1:17 says, "For in it the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith; as it is written, 'The one who is righteous will live by faith.'" And Hebrew 11:6 says, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever would approach him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." (NRSV).
The greatest, most important question that one can ask, as it pertains to their life, is: Am I right with God? For after all is said and done; after we have accomplished this, and traveled there, and made that, and built here, the lingering and final question is: Am I right with God? And either the affirmative or negative answer will be as a result of our faith, and particularly, the object thereof. For the way by which one is made right with God is through faith (trust, confidence) in Jesus Christ; and being made right with God is synonymous to being pleasing to God. For if I am right with God, then I am pleasing to Him, and if I am pleasing to Him, then I am right with Him; and this is all done by faith.
So, if the most important thing in my life is being right and pleasing to God, and this is done by faith, then that tells me that there is an "Order of Faith" that goes like this: The primary purpose and function of faith is not to obtain a bigger house; it is not to acquire a nicer car; it is not to get a better job; and it is not to make more money. But the primary purpose and function of faith is to please God. This is not to say that we don't use our faith to acquire things, but it is saying that even if we do not get the things that we want when and how we think we should get them, that we still have an obligation to please God. For at the end of the day, we need to please God.
Now, how do we please God? Well, I believe there are three ways in which we can please God, and actually they are what we previously posted under "Ways of the Kingdom", and those things are:
1) Right Living - I Thessalonians 4:3-7.
2) Right Attitude - I Thessalonians 5:16-18
3) Right Testimony - I Peter 2:15
If we practice these things as ways of pleasing God, then our faith is in order and then we can believe God for other things that we desire and need and see Him move on our behalf for His glory. "The Order of Faith."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment