In I Thessalonians 5:16-18, the Apostle Paul says, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (NRSV)
In the aforesaid verses of scripture, the Apostle Paul gives us the key to cultivating an attitude of gratitude. The key to this attitude of gratitude is found in the words: rejoice, pray, and give thanks; which are to be done always, without ceasing, and in all circumstances.
In rejoicing, I am in a state of being glad, happy. The only way I can do this always is that it must be in the Lord (Philippians 4:4 - "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.").
In praying, I am in a state of communicating with God. The only way I can do this without ceasing is that it must be in the Spirit (Ephesians 6:18 - "Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication.").
In giving thanks, I am in a state of being thankful. The only way I can do this in all circumstances is that it must be in the name of the Lord Jesus (Colossians 3:17 - "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.").
Remember that as we do these things (rejoicing always, praying without ceasing, and giving thanks in all circumstances), we are in the will of God; and as we said before, "the will of God is the place of blessing."
So during this Thanksgiving Season, as our nation sets aside a time to give thanks to God for His many blessings, we as the people of God need to especially have an attitude of gratitude; and not only during this Thanksgiving Season, but every day of the year because God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good. Happy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment